Watch J Street Executive Director Jeremy Ben-Ami tell his story about why he started J Street. Then, join J Street by completing the form to the left, and if you want, tell us your story.
What has J Street done in 8 short months?
- Stopped Sarah Palin: Collected over 25,000 petitions in 24 hours to successfully pressure Jewish Community Iran Unity rally organizers to disinvite Sarah Palin.
- Fought Obama smears: We collected 30,000 petitions to ask Jewish publications to stop running baseless Republican Jewish Coalition advertisements attacking Barack Obama. We sparked a real discussion amongst the Jewish press about the ads.
- Helped elect 32 pro-Israel, pro-peace candidates: JStreetPAC raised $575,000 for 41 endorsed candidates. 32 won their races.
- Fought for diplomacy with Iran: Collected 20,000 signatures to pressure Congress to reconsider a resolution that called for a naval blockade of Iran and would undermine efforts at strong, smart diplomacy to address the Iranian threat.
- Shined the spotlight on the unholy alliance between Joe Lieberman and right-wing Christian Zionist John Hagee: We collected 28,000 petition signatures to demand that Senator Joe Lieberman not speak at the annual conference of John Hagee's group, sparking an important discussion in the media.